Registration Fee: An annual non-refundable fee is required at registration. Classes are confirmed with completed registration including payment plan. All new and returning students will be charged a 25.00 non-refundable annual registration fee.
Tuition: Tuition is based on a 32-week academic year. Classes are held September through May, tuition payment schedule ends in May.
Registration is for the full academic year. Students must maintain their enrollment in their selected classes for the school year so they may advance each year within the program.
All tuition is accepted on-line. We do not accept cash or check.
Tuition Rates per Class
Class Length – Monthly Rate per Class
30-minute class – $46.00
45-minute class – $52.00
60-minute class – $57.00
75-minute class – $65.000
90-minute class – $70.00
Students enrolled in 3 or 4 classes will automatically receive a 5% discount on monthly tuition when they register.
Students enrolled in 5 or more classes will automatically receive a 10% discount on monthly tuition when they register.
UPDATE: SPRING PERFORMANCE DATE IS NOT SECURED DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
Costume Fee: Accounts will be charged a costume fee. Recital costume charges occur on October 16th, 2020. Costume fees are non-refundable once charged. If your child is in multiple classes, they will require additional costumes.
Child x-small – Child large $60
Child X-large – Adult Large $80
‘Not Participating in Spring Performance’ email sent to office due Friday, October 2nd, 2020.
It is the responsibility of each family to be aware of our policies.
Tuition for all dance classes is based on a 9-month (32 weeks) school year: September 8, 2020 through May 23, 2021.
Tuition is paid monthly, on the 1st of each month.
By registering you agree to pay for the entire 9-month term. All fees associated with Gillman’s Dance Academy are non-refundable.
Auto-Pay: Debit – automatic withdrawal from checking or savings account on the 1st of every month.
Auto-Pay: Charge – automatic charge on Visa or MasterCard on the 1st of every month.
Tuition Discounts: Multiple class discounts are available.
Gillman’s Dance Academy does not provide invoices. It is the account holder’s responsibility to update all credit card information.
A $25 LATE FEE will be charged to all accounts not paid in full by the 1st of each month. (No exceptions, please.)
Accounts more than 60 days delinquent will result in suspension of lessons. Accounts more than 90 days delinquent will be submitted to a collections agency. In this case, your account will be accessed $150 for filing fees.
Accounts must be current and all fees paid before students may receive costumes or participate in performances.
Class make-up is allowed in cases of illness, injury, or family emergency.
Class must be made up within 30 days of absence.
Students may make-up a missed class by attending any class of the same level or a level below, with instructor approval.
If Gillman’s Dance Academy must cancel classes due to extreme weather or events beyond its control, the cancelled classes will be made up before the end of the school year. When Oldham County Public Schools are closed for a snow day, we will make a decision if the studio will be closed by 2 pm that day. Please check your emails frequently on snow days, and do not automatically assume the studio is closed. Gillman’s follows its own holiday schedule. Closure dates will be posted on our website, in the lobby, and in our newsletters. Please call us at 502.243.9722 or refer to our website for confirmation of all closures.
Regular attendance is necessary to maximize the full benefit of dance instruction for every student in the class.
We encourage parents/guardians to stress the importance of attending class and rehearsals.
If a student will knowingly miss class due to illness, an activity, or appointment, they should notify the studio office prior to class by calling 502.243.9722 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lobby Area: UPDATE: LOBBY CLOSED DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
Food and drink are prohibited. This rule also applies to siblings waiting in the lobby. Water is permitted. Please refrain from bringing pets into our facility as well. Please be considerate of classes in session and keep noise at a minimum. Parents who choose to wait in the lobby area are responsible for the noise level of siblings brought with them. Personal items must be stored in the cubbies. Gillman’s is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen items. Items that have been left behind in studios or rehearsal halls will be put into “lost & found”. At the end of the school year, all unclaimed items will be donated to Goodwill. Be sure to properly dispose of your trash. Dressing rooms are for female dancers and female parent or supervisors only. No Fathers or brothers please.
Observation Days: UPDATE: NO OBSERVATION DAYS DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
Parents are invited and encouraged to observe their child’s progress during scheduled observation days. Due to limited space, we ask that only one visitor per family attend.
Arrival and Departure:
We suggest that students arrive 10 minutes early to prepare for class.
Students may be asked to observe class if they arrive late. This is a safety precaution to avoid student injury.
Students should wait quietly for their class to begin.
Students should use the restroom before class, not during class. (Adults, please help with this.)
Students should wait in the lobby to be picked up by their parent/guardian.
Please make advance arrangements to speak with teachers as class time is limited and classes are scheduled consecutively.
Please check website and bulletin boards in the lobby for postings on news and events. All correspondence will be sent via email.
Please be sure your email address and account information is updated.
Hair Policy and Dress Code:
All students must wear their hair secured neatly in a ballet bun.
A dancer’s attire greatly determines the attitude toward their class work. Therefore, we require that the Dress Code is followed at all times. Instructors may not allow class participation by a student who regularly neglects this requirement.
All female students should wear black leotard / pink tights (Please do not wear tights with holes or bad runs). Required footwear will be emailed upon registration. Be certain the elastic is properly sewn on all shoes.
All male students should wear white t-shirt / black tights, pants or gym shorts/black or white socks/ black ballet shoes, black tap & jazz.
Watches, bracelets, necklaces, and dangly earrings may not be worn during class.
Dancers Code of Conduct
- Honesty and integrity are expected.
- Dancers must participate within Gillman’s Dance Academy rules and respect all the teachers/staff/volunteers and their decisions.
- Dancers must respect their fellow dancers.
- Dancers must not distract, bully or harass other dancers.
- Dancers must be polite and display good manners at all times.
- Dancers must refrain from cursing, using offensive racial or obscene speech, gestures or written materials.
- Dancers must refrain from talking back to adults or refusing to comply with reasonable requests.
- Dancers must refrain from physical, mental, emotional or cyber bullying other dancers, staff, or instructors. This includes social media postings referencing directly or indirectly to a student, staff, studio brand, and/or affiliations to the studio.
- Dancers are the face of Gillman’s Dance Academy and should conduct themselves in a manner that reflects positively on the organization.
- When representing Gillman’s Dance Academy, dancers must continue to follow GDA’s code of conduct as they are representatives of our organization.
Parent/Guardian Code of Conduct
- Honesty and integrity are expected.
- Parents are encouraged to support their child’s/children’s involvement and help them enjoy the art of dance.
- Parents must demonstrate respect for faculty and staff at all times.
- Parents must not raise issues of disagreement publicly.
- Parents will not engage in inappropriate conduct towards instructors, staff, other dancers and families.
- Parents must discourage challenging and inappropriate conduct towards instructors, staff, other dancers and families.
- Parents will refrain from physical, mental, emotional or cyber-bullying other dancers, staff, instructors or families. This includes social media postings referencing directly or indirectly to a student, staff, families, studio brand, and/or affiliations to the studio.
- Parents must remember that children participate in dance for their own enjoyment.
- Parents will teach their children respect for other students, teachers and adults and lead by example.
- Parents will encourage and guide their child to accept responsibility for his/her own performance and behavior.
On the occasion that repeated failure to comply with the Code of Conduct occurs, Gillman’s Dance Academy reserves the right, at its discretion, to dismiss or take disciplinary action on any students or parent/guardian/family member who breach GDA’s code of conduct.
Please remember – it is a privilege to participate in dance classes and performances. One’s behavior must emulate that privilege.
Note: These statements are also found on our registration form and must be agreed to before a dancer may enroll for classes.
We reserve the right to refuse service to students or parents who do not adhere to our policies and code of conduct.